Monday, December 22, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like....

So, I have a mild obsession with reading blogs. I don't know why, but I do. One of my favorites is: http://thepioneerwoman.com/. It combines photography, decorating, cooking, and other randomness. Basically, it is right up my ally. Anyway, I have made a few of her recipes and they were really good. Today I had to bring something to work for our Christmas breakfast, so I went to Pioneer Woman and found her recipe for French Breakfast Puffs. Let me tell you, they were yummy. I think I am going to make them for Christmas brunch at Jenny and Jack's house.

Here is the recipe:

French Breakfast Puffs

3 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup shortening (Crisco)
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
2 sticks butter Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups. Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Set aside. Pray. In a different bowl, cream together 1 cup sugar and shortening, then add eggs and mix. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition. Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until golden. In a bowl, melt 2 sticks butter. In a separate bowl combine remaining sugar and cinnamon. Dip baked muffins in butter, coating thoroughly, then coat with cinnamon-sugar mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment