Sunday, May 29, 2011

Getting Ready for a Birthday

Coleman's first birthday is coming up and we are throwing him an Eric Carle themed party. Coleman loves his Eric Carle books, especially Brown Bear, Brown Bear. I have a lot of ideas, but I'm not sure if all of them will get accomplished. I did make the invites to send out on Tuesday. They are inspired by The Very Hungry Caterpillar.



I found a link here to some invites I really liked. I didn't have time to paint a whole bunch of paper, so I used different patterns and textures of scrapbook paper.

Here is the how-to:

Supplies:
assorted patterns, textures and colors of scrapbook paper
yellow scrapbook paper
4.5 in x 6.5 in cardstock folded in half
16mm round craft punch
scissors
coffee mug
pen
glue stick

1. punch circles out of the scrapbook paper
2. glue two lines of circles on the bottom of the front of the card
3. trace coffee mug circles on the yellow scrapbook paper
4. cut the circles out
5. cut the circles in half
6. glue half a circle onto the top of the card
7. cut rays for the sun and glue on the card
8. put message on the inside

I may decorate the inside in some way, but I'm not sure yet. I have to get the invite information printed and I'm not sure how much space that is going to take up. I found some cheap cards and envelopes in the dollar bins at Michael's, so I bought those and I will use the envelopes to mail the invites.

I have a whole bunch more projects that I will be completing in the next few weeks to get ready for this party, so I will probably be posting some more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment